Position: Part-Time After School Coordinator
The Clarkston Community Center opened its doors in 1994 as a nonprofit multicultural community center in Clarkston, Georgia located in Dekalb County. We are a meeting place for long-term residents, families and individuals that were not born in the U.S. We pride ourselves on offering unique experiences, educational resources, and valuable tools that foster community while celebrating cultural diversity.
Under the supervision of the Director of Programs & Education, the Part-Time After-School Coordinator is responsible for the supervision and coordination of the afterschool program and staff. The Coordinator is directly responsible for planning and organizing all daily activities of the Clarkston Youth Development Initiative After-School program. In addition, this position is responsible for supervising students (5th-12th grades) and volunteer staff (tutors, visiting presenters, etc.), implementation of curriculum, and administrative tasks.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to work in accordance with deadlines
- Prior work experience in a culturally diverse setting
- Reliable transportation
- Must possess basic knowledge and understanding of school-aged children
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of work experience in Education-related field
- Someone who is a self-starter, leader, and able to operate independently of the Director
- Must be able to communicate efficiently through phone, email, and in-person
- Must pass a background check
- Must be on-time, well presented, and ready to perform the job efficiently each day
- Provide good leadership to the students, the staff, and the program
- Have class presenters, lessons, and activities planned in advance of the week
- Accommodate program lessons and activities to student’s needs, with considering the differing age groups and education levels
- Actively seek out presenters, partnerships, activities, etc. to help best develop our students
- Provide proper communication and regular updates to our Director of Education
- Perform necessary administrative tasks such as student registration, room prep, etc.
- Maintain 100% accountability of students & tutors attending our Afterschool-School Program
- Provide additional tutoring to students if needed
Shift & Hours:
Monday - Thursday, 2:00pm - 6:30pm. Off Holidays and School Breaks
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.