Parent Advocate Training
Parent Advocates is a free training program to help parents learn how to advocate for high-quality education that will prepare children for future success. Parents graduate from the program empowered to make a difference with a community support system to ensure their success.
The Parent Advocate Training program emphasizes the following three categories: Inform, Empower & Mobilize.
- Understanding the Education System
- Knowing How to Contact Elected Officials
- Setting S.M.A.R.T. Goals
- Recruiting Other Parent Advocates
- Understanding the Grassroots Approach
- Engaging Decision Makers
- Developing a Campaign Plan
- Communicating Effectively
- Creating Clear & Concise Messaging