Volunteers make it possible for our small staff to offer such a wide variety of programs and services. Whether you are looking for a one-time or on-going opportunity for yourself or a group, the Community Center has many ways you can contribute, have a positive impact, and make a difference.
Opportunities range from Senior Refugee volunteers to English partners, teaching computing, or assisting with programs such as our youth classes, Food Pantry and Summer Camp.
Interested? All volunteers are required to complete a volunteer application; please click here to get started. We appreciate your interest!
Responsibilities include updating and maintaining our social media presence, drafting articles, designing and organizing content for our newsletter and other marketing material. Updateing the CCC website when needed and coordination of special events or assisting in other duties and projects as assigned
Qualifications: Strong interest in marketing, events and non-profit communication. Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space. Candidate must have completed or be working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations). Previous related experience in marketing or communications is a plus. Must be computer literate, with a working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint and Excel. Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus. We're looking for someone with the ability to communicate in a professional manner with community contacts. Must be self-motivated, have good organizational skills, be detail-oriented, with the ability to prioritize, and meet deadlines. And the perfect individual will have an enthusiasm for the mission of Clarkston Community Center and the families we serve.
The Volunteer Coordinator Intern should be outgoing and detail-oriented. This position coordinates with all the other staff members to determine the volunteer needs of the organization. The Volunteer Coordinator Intern is responsible for the recruitment, placement, and retention of the Volunteers.
Responsibilities: Monitor and update the Hands on Atlanta Webpage // Schedule interviews with perspective helpers // Give tours to volunteers // Provide and/or schedule training sessions // Coordinate with other departments to identify needed volunteers
Qualifications: Must be computer savvy // Be an effective communicator, both written and oral // Ability to communicate in a professional manner with community contacts // Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines // Enthusiasm for the mission of CCC and the families we serve.
Position: Part-Time After School Coordinator
The Clarkston Community Center opened its doors in 1994 as a nonprofit multicultural community center in Clarkston, Georgia located in Dekalb County. We are a meeting place for long-term residents, families and individuals that were not born in the U.S. We pride ourselves on offering unique experiences, educational resources, and valuable tools that foster community while celebrating cultural diversity.
Under the supervision of the Director of Programs & Education, the Part-Time After-School Coordinator is responsible for the supervision and coordination of the afterschool program and staff. The Coordinator is directly responsible for planning and organizing all daily activities of the Clarkston Youth Development Initiative After-School program. In addition, this position is responsible for supervising students (5th-12th grades) and volunteer staff (tutors, visiting presenters, etc.), implementation of curriculum, and administrative tasks.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to work in accordance with deadlines
- Prior work experience in a culturally diverse setting
- Reliable transportation
- Must possess basic knowledge and understanding of school-aged children
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of work experience in Education-related field
- Someone who is a self-starter, leader, and able to operate independently of the Director
- Must be able to communicate efficiently through phone, email, and in-person
- Must pass a background check
- Must be on-time, well presented, and ready to perform the job efficiently each day
- Provide good leadership to the students, the staff, and the program
- Have class presenters, lessons, and activities planned in advance of the week
- Accommodate program lessons and activities to student’s needs, with considering the differing age groups and education levels
- Actively seek out presenters, partnerships, activities, etc. to help best develop our students
- Provide proper communication and regular updates to our Director of Education
- Perform necessary administrative tasks such as student registration, room prep, etc.
- Maintain 100% accountability of students & tutors attending our Afterschool-School Program
- Provide additional tutoring to students if needed
Shift & Hours:
Monday - Thursday, 2:00pm - 6:30pm. Off Holidays and School Breaks
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Check out our list of art, education, recreation and community building offerings. Take a class or enroll in a CCC program. Your participation enables the Center to sustain and expand programming and helps us get the word out. Connect with us on Facebook or sign up for our email newsletter to stay abreast of happenings.
Sign up for our email newsletter
Join our board of directors
Step up and make a difference. Do you have professional skills such as marketing, public relations, finance or facilities management that you might share with the Clarkston Community Center on the Board of Directors?
Call 404-508-1050 for more information.